Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to RETAIN all datafileds, parameters when switching databases 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dWd123

Programmer
Jan 19, 2011
US
Hi,

I have a Crystal Report which was designed against database DEV. Is it possible or how to RETAIN all database fields, parameter fields, groups, etc. on the report when switching to database PROD?

The everything of the two database is identical except data. For some reason, I have to do this but am afraid losing something accidentally, because when I remove the existing one, all database related objects are disappeared from the report.

Thanks in advance.

dwd123

Hi,
First make a copy of the original report ( for safety).

Then, DO NOT REMOVE THE EXISTING database.but use the 'set datasource location' option under the database
menu to point the report to the new database - if the table structures are identical, it should happen with no further action on your part, although a 'verify database' is always a good thing to do.

If there is a difference in structure ( field names, etc), Crystal will prompt you to remap those fields.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thank you, Turkbear. It helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back