Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to restore latest version of dts using dts backup 2000 tool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramsam1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
US
I have been backing up my dts packages using dts backup 2000. Unfortunately, I am having to restore some of the packages for the first time today due to the hard disk failure on my server. When I tried to restore the pacakges, I discovered that the dts backup 2000 tool actually backs up multiple versions of the same dts package in one single file and does not automatically restore the latest version of the packages. This is killing me. Anyone has a solution ? I am running out of time on this. Thanks a bunch.

Try this, Go to Enterprise manager and then click on Data Transformation services and then right click on this and
click on Open package --- select the one that is saved as .dts.

Thanks but that did not work. The enterprise manager opened up an older version.

Is there a way to figure out the latest version by looking at the version id ? I am ready to go through the pain if Version ID can help me with this.

Is there a way you can look at the modified date that might help you to figure out the new version one.

Tried that. There is not modified date unfortunately.

Once you have restored the package, go to DTS / Local packages and look for the name of the package you want to check. Right click on the package and select "Versions" from the pop up menu. There should be a field called "create date" which saves the package every time you modify it so look for the most recent (or when you want to go back to), open it and save it and it will then be the latest version.

HTH,

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back