Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to restore core software .bin files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

podmak

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2016
AU
I have done it.

Under pressure, hastily, like a common zoo animal didn't read the instructions carefully enough and wiped my IP Office clean; Including the core software;
IP_Office_EraseAll_o5dq3t.png

It's an IP Office 500 V2, and I am now stuck with an empty shell :/

I've been searching around the Avaya support page and others, but most of the stuff I was able to find regarding the restoration or upload of core software bin files is the "upgrade process".

Can anyone point me in the right direction, how can I upload a new set of core software .bin files to my IPO, please?

Ok, so I follow the steps in there, as in:
IP_Office_EraseAll_01_bany2m.png
I did check all the files are present and available.

But then, I never get past that point.

I can see the IPO is sending a BOOT request (from 192.168.43.1 to 255.255.255.255) in Wireshark, but there is no response from the Manager. [pc1] My Firewall is disabled.

Turn off the system.

Eject the SD card.

Search your PC and the SD card for any copy of the system configuration (a .cfg or .bak files) and make safe copies. Ditto license files. (hell, copy the whole SD card).

Then using IP Office Manager run the recreate SD card command.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Ok, so if anyone else is having the same issue, this is what I ended up doing to remedy the situation. As is the case usually with these things, the simplest solution is usually the right one:

[ol 1]
[li]"The quickest way is with an SD Card reader & recreate the card through the IPO Manager. Point to note it has to be from an IPO Manager on the same version as the PABX was Licensed (otherwise it goes unlicensed on a higher version). So just check what version is listed for say <your config file backup> & change the working directory of the Manager Program to where the files for the lower version is. It's a pain in the ***. Or you could just install a lower version of IPO Manager." Credit: David O from Syndeticom[/li]

[li]Additionally, the following settings must be enabled on the Manager:[/li]
[li]"When open, IPO Manager can act as BOOTP Server, using its Working directory for the files (the correct firmware versions of these will already be there)...just need to select the tick box to enable service."[/li]
image_kfyggr.png

Credit: David O from Syndeticom
[li]And lastly, the firewall on your PC must be disabled in order for the IPO to find the PC's TFTP server.[/li]
[/ol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back