Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to restart pri card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggizod

Technical User
Aug 21, 2012
US
Hi guys. Is it possible to remotely restart cards installed in IPO500 like PHONE2/PRISU, combo card,VCM32 ? The question is actually about PRI but good to know about all of them. Could not find such option neither in Manager or System Status app .
Thank you

you can reboot the ip office if you have remote access but for the cards they would need to be re seated so someone would need to be on site to do this.

To clarify, they only need reseating if they aren't fitted correctly/not recognised, if they have been working fine then just a reboot is needed, you don't need to reseat the cards after every reboot :)

I've found that you can restart the PRI in SSA if you look deep enough on some diagnostics tab on the line

Really? I think you only can disable the trunk and enable it again.

The PRI in 9.1.5 SSA has an extra tab that does have a reset button. I watched it in Monitor to verify it was doing something, and it does reset the PRI. I am not sure what release they started that in, but it is there.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I vaguely remember it back to 8.1 to be honest.

That just resets the connection the card has made, it doesn't restart/reset the card the way a reboot would :)

fair enough. thanks for clarifying. It still got me out of trouble a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back