Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to resize Navigation Buttons in a form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilin

Technical User
Apr 20, 2003
US
Hi, All

could someone let me know how to resize the Navigation Buttons in a form? I think the default size is too small.

thanks,

Assuming you mean in Access, I don't think you can as the properties are set by the system. However you can switch the navigation bar off altogether and then make your own buttons for navigation.

To switch off the nav bar goto Form Properties and change NAVIGATION BUTTONS to NO

Now on your form Select a COMMAND BUTTON from the TOOLBOX and drag out a button the size you want (you can resize it later if you need to)

When you let go of the button a wizard should then appear.

With Record Navigation selected in the categories column Select GO TO FIRST RECORD and click NEXT then NEXT again

Name the button cmdFirstRecord or whatever makes sense to you and click FINISH

Do the same again for all the other buttons you need and thats it.

The only thing you might like to add to this is a record number counter so you can see how many records are in the Table or Query

To do this add a TEXT BOX to your Form from the TOOLBOX

In the Properties for the Text Box alongside CONTROL SOURCE type "=Count([ID])" less the speech marks and where [ID] is the Primary Key or Foriegn Key Field in square brackets

Hope that makes sense

Ray

thank you sooo much for spending time to write this detailed explanation, it's really helpful.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back