Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reset the password in avaya ip office 500v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra1ma2

Programmer
Jul 31, 2013
TZ
Heloow guy
I meet with the issue on IP office some one have change the Administrator password....
Now I want to reset the password.....
Can any one know the procedure and help for me...?

There's also a utility floating around here that will tell you the existing password, but I've never seen it work successfully.

That utility is only for earlier releases and only tells you the "system" password in anything after 4.0, but in pre 4.0 releases that's all there was, used it many times as a favour to unlock old kit :)

Yeah DTE/Rs232 port using AT commands. I think a straight through serial lead will do it. If you have an Avaya Index lead still, that'll work.

Hellow guys

Before I proceed with this issue I want to know ..does it affect all existing configuration or.....?
Cause I dont want to disturb the existing configs.......?

Same answer in both, no the securityresetall command just resets the security settings.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back