Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reset SYSADM password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c50a20

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2005
US
I know the sysadm password can not be reset. But is there any alternative way to dig out the lost SYSADM password?
One of our customer has lost his SYSADM password.
Please help...

Sorry...no way to find it out...the only possibility is to unload the database, with an other user, table by table and load it again in a new database!

Thanks for your valuable information, I am trying that only. But I don't know any user in database having admin priviledges. I tried table by table unload using SYSSQL user, but giving me an error - Error: 04409 UNL CUS Unload of system table not allowed.

thats right...you can only unload the non-system-tables. but you don´t have to unload them because when you create a new database to load the unloaded data, all the systables are exists in a empty sqlbase database! Only the user tables, I mean all the table which are created additional to the database, have to be unloaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back