Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reset password on CAT mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

w810i

Technical User
Jun 15, 2006
PH
Hi,

How can i reset the PBX password on CAT mode for NEAX2000 IPS?

Thanx,
Randy

There is no way...well there is a way to get around it but I will not release it in this forum. Call your certified NEC tech to help you!! That's why we have to pay money to send our techs to school!! Sorry to be so harsh, but that's the way it is!! :-((

ok thanks anyway.

Maybe some other user here are kind enough to teach me how?

OzzieGeorge?

Thank you,
rundi

Sorry breaking a password is something none of us will do. However if you already have the high level password I have no problems telling you how to change it. Get back to us if this is the case. The crunch is can you access command E9?

Hi,
This is the scenario: Our PBX is NEAX2000IPS we have 4 telco guys including me that manages the PBX. One guy have resigned for some reason and before we about to change the password, someone already did and we can't connect anymore from MatWorx due to wrong password. Now we just want to reset the password of our own PBX on CAT mode.

Can you help me?

Thank you,
rundi

Unfortunately no. You will have to contact NEC. As said before, no one here will show you how to break a password. However if you truly do administer the PABX it is possible to take the system off line and get in that way. It has been posted here before so try a search as that is the only way forward without hacking the password and as said no one will tell you how. If I can find the off line way I will post it as you can't use it remotely on a system so the owner would know what is going on.

I really appreciated this OzzieGeorge, you're one of a kind. hehehe!!!

Thank you so much again for the kind help.

Actually, prior to this being posted here I wouldn't even have given this away. But as a simple search can find it I would be pretty cruel not to point you to it. System passwords are critical to security and if our product isn't considered secure people will not buy it. Hence the moratorium on the hack. I have seen a couple of people find different ways of getting the password (some quite ingenious) but if you ever do find a way, keep it to yourself please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back