Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Replicate your email from Server to Hard Disk? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqi2000

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
GB
I am looking for help in how to replicate email from Lotus Notes to my Hard disk.

Thanks

Saqi

Highlight your email database, then go to your menu and choose File / Replication / New Replica. In the Replication popup window keep the Server setting on Local, check "Immediately" and click the OK button.

You can also schedule your replication through the Replicator page or by editing your location document (File / Mobile / Edit Current Location).

If you don't mind my asking, this seems like a fairly basic question, were you searching for more than this?

DDickey

DDicky,

Thanks very much for your reply. We are not suppose to mess around with Corporate email system. I want to set-up email system at home accessing my net account. I have got Lotus Notes 4.6 could you please help me or point me in the right direction so I can set-up on my home machine.

Thanks for your help

saqi

saqi2000, ( not to bud in or anything... )

Do you know if there is an IS Knowledg Base database at your company? The instructions might be in there under Lotus Notes. If you are on Lotus Notes, then your company I'm sure has the instructions some where. As far as authenicating with the server to replicate you mai database, that's something probably only your site will know since the server name and setup may be different.

I would be hard to give you correct instructions of this forum. That's just my opinion. I help support Lotus Notes here.

Your systems admin might get mad if he or she finds out though. At our company, we are not allowed to put "Corporate software" on perosnal pcs.

Good luck though.

Really all you need is your user id. Make a directory on your pc called c:\notes\data, copy your id in the data directory, install the software to c:\notes and c:\notes\data when you are asked for the directories. You'll need to know the path to your server so you can get set up.

If you don't have your pc at work on the network it makes it even harder to set up, but can be done.

Can anyone else help this guy...it's going to be hard doing this here.

Visualuser,

that's the last thing they would do is put something like this in Knowledgebase and if they have something like |I don't have access to it.

Thanks

Saqi

hi,

If you are using R5 client then there is another option taht even better than replication which is "ARCHIVE"

Just select the mails which ypu wana archive and then in the "Actions" tab there si option for archive do archive selected documents . Before that u need to check some settings i/e/ archive database path and several things related to same.

HTH Aslam

Aslam,

thanks very much. It has helped and it works.

Thanks again.
[lightsaber]
[lightsaber]Saqi[lightsaber]
[lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back