Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove white background from Logo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radneys99

Technical User
Oct 19, 2006
US
Hello, I'm a new Corel Draw X3 user, and frankly I'm quite an amateur. I'm trying to import a bitmap logo to place onto a flyer. It's an oval-shaped logo, however when I import it it has a white background. I'm trying to place the oval onto the flyer alone. The background of the flyer is an image, so when I place the logo onto the flyer, it has a white background around it. How would I be able to remove the white background that it has, and just get the oval shaped logo onto the flyer?

Probably the easiest way is to draw your oval using the elips tool on the toolbar and then power clipping the bitmap into it, power clip is found under the effects heading.
alan D

How exacly did you get it work. Did you first create the logo them exported your background and attached your logo to it. I don't want to attach anything to my logo I just want to create a logo with no background just the logo.

The easiest way, if your logo is a bitmap, is to import it onto your coloured background or banner etc. Goto Bitmaps on the top toolbar scroll down to "Bitmap colour mask", click, and a dialog box appears, make sure "Hide colours" is clicked, then click the eyedropper icon,click on the white background of the bitmap, then click apply.

You may need to experiment with the tolerence settings, somewhere between 10 -20 usually is sufficient.

I created a logo in Corel Draw X3, what I want to do is remove the backaground withing that logo. Save the logo as a bitmap. Do I have to open another page on Core Draw X3 and then attach logo to it?

Save the logo as a bitmap.
Open a fresh page, import the bitmap,then hide whatever colour you want be it background or some part of the logo, as outlined in my previous post.

Note this will not affect the bitmap file, you will need to follow the procedure every time you use it, unless you are placing it on some design object, in which case group the object and the logo and then save it as a cdr or bitmap file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back