Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove the status bar? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbytll

Programmer
Dec 7, 2001
SG
When I run the .exe program that I've build, i realise that there's a status bar. How can I remove the status bar? I am a clever newbie...[peace]

this was in the help file

Displays or removes the graphical status bar.

Syntax

SET STATUS BAR ON | OFF

Attitude is Everything

Hi, I have set the status off. However, i realise that in my form, it will appear things like "Selected 4 records in 0.04 seconds". What should I do?

Besides that, if I have set my form "ShowWindow" to 2 - As Top-Level Form, I realise that the main window will still pop up. Is it possible not to show the main window? You know the window with the menu and status bar all that? I am a clever newbie...[peace]

fluteplr

set status off

It must have been a typo, because your suggestion does nothing. I believe you are missing the "Bar".

Mike Gagnon

HI SHelbytl,

The Dataenvironment has its own environment and it nneds to have its own set of SET commands. What I do is.. create a set_environment as a procedure at the end of my Main.PRG and it contains all my set commands..

** My default environment settings
PROCEDURE set_environment
SET CENTURY ON
SET CONFIRM ON
SET CURRENCY TO "Dhs "
SET DATE BRITISH
SET DELETED ON
SET EXCLUSIVE OFF
SET MESSAGE TO
SET MULTILOCKS ON
SET NEAR ON
SET NOTIFY OFF
SET REPROCESS TO AUTOMATIC
SET SAFETY OFF
SET STATUS BAR OFF
SET SYSMENU OFF
SET TALK OFF
ENDPROC
Then my form class has in its Load event..
DO set_environment
DODEFAULT()

and teh same code is repeated in the Dataenvironment.BeforeOpenTables event if any SQL or VIEWs are used.

This take care of the issues.
Hope this helps you :)
ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Hi ramani,
thanks alot.

Actually what does DODEFAULT() means/do? I am a clever newbie...[peace]

Shelbytll

DODEFAULT() means/do?

It means thatit will do whatever this event was suppose to do over and above what ever you added. In the case of Ramani's example:
Code:
DO set_environment && Do this first
DODEFAULT() && Doe whatever the Load event "normally" does

Because if you don't put DODEFAULT() sometimes you might be missing a refresh of the form, and have trouble figuring out why.

Mike Gagnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back