Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to Remove Office without CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2002
US
A user here has Office 2000 Premium installed on a Windows 2000 machine. I only have CD's for Office 2000 Standard, so I cannot install any updates or service packs. How can I remove the Premium install and reinstall Standard, without the Premium CD?

Silly question, but then how did the Premium get on there?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Marcs,
i was thinking the same thing.

29rosemont,
I suppose you could use Deltree from a C:/ prompt then remove all office enries from Win Registry. Sounds like a lot of trouble to me though.

I suspect it was installed by an outside consultant who preceded me. The company does not have licenses for Office Premium, only Standard.

save their important files and reload their machine with a correct load? I'd use norton ghost to make it a little quicker, and to have a standard load available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back