Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to remove an OLD replication task???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax2

Programmer
Mar 27, 2001
US
I had one SQL 7.0 server replicating itself to another, and all was working beautifully. I renamed both servers (for a good reason at the time, I assure you), and now the task is still attempting to execute from the subscriber's end, but it fails every time because neither of the original server names exist on our network. I would like to find this task and remove it somehow, but have not been able to do so. I would imagine that it exists in some table in the master database, but haven't as yet had any luck finding it. Thanks beforehand for any help...

which MSDB database? or where do I find that particular one?

You will find MSDB database when you expand Databases in enterprise manager. There are 14 tables that hold tasks: sysjobs, sysjobsteps, sysjobschedules, syscategories, etc...

I suggest that before deleting entries in those tables, try go to Enterprise manager, expand server, management, sql server agent, then highlight Jobs. If you see the task in there you should be able to delete it.

Also try using sp_droptask (i'm not sure if it works). If this doesn't work then you may need to delete it manually in the tables.

Andel
andelbarroga@hotmail.com

arrrggghhh. Ah-ha is all I can say. I should've found this stuff beforehand, not sure how I didn't. but anyway, thanks Andel, the msdb databases have all the answers I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back