Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove a library

Status
Not open for further replies.

satelite

Programmer
Jul 29, 2010
MX
Hi there, i tried to use eDocEngine from Gnostice with quick Report, but didn't install correctly, I remove it from my packages, but I'm getting a linker error:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unabel to open file 'GTCOMPRESSIOND5.LIB', I don't know why is trying to include this library, since I remove all the components, and don't know where to look to remove it. Any Ideas?

Did you remove all references to the library in the header (.h) file and resource file (.rc)?

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Also, you can open your project file inside Notepad and look for GTCOMPRESSIOND5.LIB. Delete the entries and save.

I deleted all the references that were on the .cpp and .h files, I don't see and .rc files, is the .res the equivalent?, if so, I can't edit it with the note pad, or any other file from the project, except the .cpp and .h files.

Regarding the second answer which file exactly are you talking about. Here are the files I have form the project.

Integra.bpr
Integra.cpp
Integra.dfm
Integra.exe
Integra.h
Integra.obj
Integra.res
Integra.tds
Integra.todo

Thanks

There is a way to edit the .res files from BCB6 but I can't remember the exact method. Try opening it through BCB's editor.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back