Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to remove a blank line between paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learnerprog

Programmer
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hello all,
is there a way that you can remove a blank line between paragraph.
for example
xxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

aaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccccccccccccccccccccccc

how to progrmatically removed all the blank lines between those two paragraphs. Thanks

It depends on what is making the blank line(s), but if it is superfluous paragraph marks the easiest way is with a Find and Replace operation:

Ctrl+H to bring up the dialog
Find ^13{2,} -- that's caret, one, three,left brace, two, comma, right brace
Replace ^p -- that's caret, lower case P
Check "Use Wildcards"
Hit Replace All

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Simply use the macrorecorder while following Tony's advice.

Almost anyone who would give you a snippet, would...

Open the application

Turn on the macro recorder

record find/replace as described above.

YOU can do THAT as well as anyone!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] A chicken, who would drag a wagon across the road for 2 cents, is…
POULTRY in motion to PULLET for a PALTRY amount! [tongue][/sub]

The macro recorder gives wonderful snippets. Did you try it?

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

THAT'S the Tip...
[red]
Turn on your Macro Recorder!
[/red]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] A chicken, who would drag a wagon across the road for 2 cents, is…

I sorry all, I am new to vb.. I have never used macro recorder before. I don't even known how to turn it on. Thanks.

Have a look at he menu Tools -> Macro ->

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I have tried that
When in word main window with your document open ?

I am sorry guys.. I should have posted under Visual Basic 6.0 forum. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks you.

Joe,

You must be in the application (like Word) in order to turn on and run the macro recorder.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back