Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To: Reject a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXLS

Technical User
Dec 6, 2017
US
I gave a friend a BCM50 r6, programmed a target line and his phone rings directly. Works a treat.

We have a Mitel system at work that, while otherwise complete garbage, will allow you to reject a call and send it directly to VM and are looking to recreate that.

So: Phone rings, push a button and the ringing call goes directly to his mailbox.

It appears that F986 is for use by the CAP. Any way to replicate what we're looking to do?

F986 is to transfer a caller to any given mailbox, commonly used by reception but any one and any phone that has 2 intercom keys can use it.
Reception answers the call, F983 followed by the mailbox number.

CAP/KIM is not related to F986, it's just an extension of the phone for more buttons/appearances.

No call reject feature but while the phone is ringing you can use Do Not Disturb F85 to silence the ring, you would need to turn it back off after the call.

The only time you can reject a call is when AA answers the calls and that the users mailbox setting in F983 is set to "Screened", then you are given options on the phone when the call comes in.
This feature would apply to every call so if the user is afraid of people in general, this would be a good option.
[clown]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Awesome! I didn't know about the screened calls setting and will definitely check that out. For now, the user has programmed a F85 key on their set.

Thanks for the tip, Curlycord!

You can also try F984 (call forward to voice mail) as an option.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back