Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reinstall OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
CA

Recently I removed IIS 5.0 from my W2k Server which configured with Exchange 5.5 and OWA. I think I have lost all OWA files when I removed the IIS from this server, even after reinstalling the IIS I do not have any settings to configure this OWA in IIS- I tried to run the Exchange setup again, but the OWA is allready installed in the server so it would not allow me to install the OWA.

How can I fix this issue.

I have a similar but different problem. Someone had hacked and corrupted my \exchsrvr\webdata\usa folder. I restored the folder from a very old backup but I don't know if the files are SP4. OWA is working fine so I don't want to reinstall. I just want the lastest OWA components.

Does anyone know how to get JUST the \exchsrvr\webdata\usa folder from Microsoft? I see many files at but I don't know which one contains the OWA files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to uninstall OWA, then reinstall it? OWA in 5.5 is not as refined as in 2K Exchange, but on W2K server, it acts a little better. It should allow you to remove it by running Exchange Setup, then run it again to add it back in. Do this only after you have put IIS 5 back and service packed the W2K server. Also don't forget SP4 for Exchange after its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back