Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reinstall old version rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2003
AU
I upgrade old version from 3.2.2-5 to the the following

cpp-3.3.3-1.i386.rpm,
gcc-c++3.3.3-1.i386.rpm,
libstdc++3.3.3-1.i386.rpm,
gcc-3.3.3-1.i386.rpm, libgcc-3.3.3-1.i386.rpm

I want old version back. How can I do

Download the old versions if you don't have them. Then remove each package with "rpm -e packagename". Then cd to the directory where you downloaded the files and issue this command "rpm -ivh --force *.rpm". You may not need to do the first step since we are using the force option I used it just in case. The wildcard just cuts down on typing but assumes the current directory contains only the rpms you want to reinstall.

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage rpm

>---------------------------------------Lawrence Feldman
SR. QA. Engineer SNAP Appliance
lfeldman@snapappliance.com

tried both, not working. I know the above commands are to reinstall the old version. But it works on some rpm, not work on the cpp.3.2.2-5 at the moment. need to wait.

I find sometime rpm not working well.
For example, when I reinstall old gcc,gccc++ rpm successfully last night, the change is not shown right away in the system log->RPM information. When I tried rpm -qa|grep gcc, no result. Then this morning, I tried rpm -qa|grep gcc again, it shows the old version.

Is there a better way to install and check rpm installation?

I remove the /var/lib/rpm/__db.*, then it works fine. It is the problem of rpm database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back