Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to refresh the form automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungnguyen

Programmer
Sep 22, 2000
US
Hi,

Iam doing the web design, but I have problem. I am using SQL sever database and DLL programs.

My problem is when I create a form and save it in a short period of time (about 15-20 mins), my data on a form will be save. However, when I wait for more than 20 mins, I can't save the form because I think and believe the session that I create for the web is somehow down. I need to refresh manually. I donot know whether there is any way I can refresh automatically!! Please help
Thanks a lot
Hung [sig][/sig]

you can extend the period of time that it takes for the session to end by increasing the sessiontimeout property. [sig][/sig]

Well, first off, it's curious that you're using session to store form data. That's generally a bad practice. Use hidden form variables for data like that. Session variables are very resource intensive on your server and do not scale well. [sig]<p>Monte Kalisch<br><a href=mailto:montek@montekcs.com>montek@montekcs.com</a><br><a href= MVP for ASP</a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back