Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reduce Sales Order history file size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Oct 13, 2003
US
Hello,
I am trying to reduce the size of MAS90 database since it gets very big (10G). Inventory files and Sales Order history files are growing. The goal is to make a copy of the current company data for backup as well as look up historical data and purge the old data to reduce the size of MAS90 database.
Please advise on how to purge old data that was 5 or more year old.
Thank you.

I would suggest you don't do this yourself. Talk to your expensive reseller and they can look at mas90 in a master way. They can remove directly and don't even have to open mas90.

I have had so many problems with mas90. Errors in inventory maintance for example, nothing their cheezy utilties could solve. In the end i had to pay over 1000s just to do as you say purge old data.

Maybe an expert user could VI out the data and change it themselves by date search and VI back in. Thats what they use to upgrade you is VI. So it could work cross you fingers VI for mas90 is another bad utility that after you buy it for 3k i would still pay the resellers to use it.

Now if you drop mas90 and switch to sql there are tons of free scripts that can do this or you can get a freelancer programmer from india to do it for around $4/hr maybe an hour or two of work. Don't go with $2/hr indians they only work as hard as americans.

10 GB is not very big if you are talking about the total size of the data folder. Why do you feel you need to purge? On our install the MAS data folder is 12 GB and I do not have any problems.

We notice that crystal reports are taking longer time to complete. Every year we add about 5000 new items to inventory. The old items from other years will have no new transactions, just sit there. We also have about 2 million records and growing in SO history files. We are recently run into a problem when printing Sales Order Recap at month end. The system hangs during closing the month. SAGE resolution ID 465337 recommended to purge old data to reduce sales history file size.

In Inventory there is a utility to delete old items. We use it from time to time to remove items with no problem. If you are unsure of how to purge the items and sales order history then work with your reseller and have them show you how to do it so in the future you can do the purge yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back