Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to recover lost database...Expert Needed! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm new to access (4mths), and I made a huge mistake! This could mean my job....Can someone help?

I was attempting to create a password for a database, however, somehow I am now unable to access my files. It is now asking for a User Name and Password on a logon window that pops-up when opening a database. I did not ever assign a User Name, however I did enter a password. I don't know what the User Name could be. Is there anything I can do? Or, is it gone forever? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Without more detail, I would try the default Access username of Admin. Actually all Access databases have a username of Admin and a blank password. It just doesn't ask for these until you have other user names and passwords. Go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base and look up information on password/account use in Access. You should find a lot of information there.

I know this might sound too simplistic, but have you tried holding down the shift key when your db is loading?

Hi

Sounds like somebody has changed the security on the workgroup, find a file called wrkgadm, and see what secruity file has been used. Security files end in .MDW. Trying changing it to system.mdw, which should be on your PC somewhere.

Also how did you enter a password, did you set the database password? or did you set this up in another area of Access.

Could try blank username and the password you setup, or Admin userman and your password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back