Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to recover emails and rules on Outlook2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedromiranda

Technical User
Mar 14, 2004
PT

Hi,

I had a major problem on my Win2000 pro, and i had to install the OS again on a diferent hard drive.

I haded Oficce 2000 with all my emails, rules, accounts, etc on my other hard drive. But now when i try to enter outlook 2003 it asks me to start a new account, bla, bla, bla.

I have my old Outlook on the other drive, and i installed a new office 2003 on my new drive.

is there any way to recover everything ? i didnt delet nothing...

thanks

Hi,

No, I can´t boot from my other drive.... i can only acess it when i boot from the new one...

Hi,

I Found the PST files on my other drive, and i manage to import all the emails and folders from my old outlook2003.

Now the only think i didnt import was the email accounts, and email rules.

Does any one knows how to do it ?

thanks

Pedro

Hi Pedro

I now have a very simular problem, but I'm just trying to get rulles back into outlook 2000, not 2003.
Did you find a way in the end using your backup?

Many thanks

Happy.

Hi again

I think I have just fixed it, I found that the rules were a .rwz file and copied and moved it into the Outlook folder on the new system.

BINGO! Rules came back! :)

Many thanks

Happy!

I have the exact same problem. I would really like to get my rules back.

Where is the .rwz file located? I've searced by rwz, *.rwz and looked in the application/outlook file and couldn't find it.

Hi, Sorry to take so long to get back to you, you may have sorted the problem by now, but if not -

My .rwz file is found -

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You may have set the view setting to view all files?

Hope it helps.

Thanks - I will check out the same location on my system.
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back