Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Recover Deleted Local DTS packages in SQL2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYAdmin

Technical User
Oct 21, 2005
US
Has anyone ever had to recover deleted local DTS Packages in SQL2000. I think it could be done by restore a backup of msdb, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Thanks,
Patrick

All DTS packages which are stored within the SQL Server are stored in the msdb database. Once you restore the msdb database you will see all the DTS packages.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

GREAT, I thought that it should be that easy and it was! It worked like a charm! Even though I could not restore it to the original server. Thanks for the help!

No problem.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back