Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to recover a logon password that I forgot for Access database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vem786

Technical User
Dec 2, 2003
US
Hi:
I created a MS Access 2000 database & also created a logon password to enter into the database. Unfortunately I forgot the password & having a hard time to recollect what it was.

Is there a way to recover the forgotten password by any chance? This is very important as I have to work on the database that has my personalised work.

Thanks in advance.

easy!!!all you have to do is copy the database and put it somewhere else. then it will automatically using the default admin user without password. however, if you put your database on a share network then you should re-joint the workgroup system.mdw in your local machine. before you can open it.

This question gets asked with some frequency. Unfortunately the answer is ...

If we were to publish an answer (assuming that we knew one) to a question like this, we would be telling those people whose motives are less than honorable how to break into an Access database. That we will not do.

Also unfortunately, there really isn't any way for us to know that you are not one of those people.

I have no motive to break into anyone else database. I'm genuinely asking a way to recover the lost/forgotten password for my OWN database.

Thanks Mr.tainguyen, I already tried copying the old database and renaming it with a new one. But it still keeps asking me to enter the password!!! And, no its not on shared network. I'm working on my local drive. So any other idea??

Thanks all!!!

As I said ... I'm not accusing you of having evil intent but there's no way for us to tell.

The real point is that this is a public forum and by telling you we would be telling the world ... including the bad guys.

Golom...what you said is ture. Thanks anyway, I'll figure out a way to resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back