Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to reboot the phone system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

upinflamezzz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2011
US
My internet was down which took out VM Pro. Can't get it up. How to reboot the phone system and not just VM Pro?

lol. I thought with the 500V2 you are supposed to do a soft shut down. Something to do with the SD cards?

That's the theory, but in practice I have never seen it cause an issue since the V2 was released...no doubt someone will pipe up with evidence to the contrary though :)

Or thru TFTP:

reboot system
tftp -i 10.137.50.60 get "nasystem/reboot/00e00700XXXX/$t%$'~ q//"

reboot system when free
tftp -i 192.168.42.1 get "nasystem/rebootwhenfree/00e00700XXXX/$t%$'~ q//"

00e00700XXXX is the MAC id of the IPO, and $t%$'~ q/ is the monitor password which is by default password.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I recall powercycling doesn't reload the hold music (holdmusic.wav) but rebooting from Manager does. Not sure if there are any differences.

I recall powercycling doesn't reload the hold music (holdmusic.wav) but rebooting from Manager does. Not sure if there are any differences"

Only because by havig Manager running at the time the system restarts, is acts as the TFTP server that can responds to the rebooting system when it requests a file. However, it doesn't have to be Manager if you have another TFTP server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back