Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to re-configure Apache ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubbycub

MIS
Feb 10, 2003
CN
Hi,

I had installed Apache on Solaris 8. Initially, I configured the server (before installation) as

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache

Now, because of another program's requirements, I need to configure the Apache as something else eg.

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache --activate-module=src/modules/standard/mod_s0.c

Can I do this to my current installation of Apache or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the Apache? Or simply do a re-installation over the present one?

If an uninstallation is required, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance!

Since you changed your prefix, you would most likely have two installations in place. I would remove [tt]/usr/local/apache[/tt] if I were you though. //Daniel

I read somewhere that uninstalling Apache will be as simple as deleting the entire folder. But won't it result in complications, eg error messages like "Apache not found" etc...I am not familiar with Unix systems but I believe that it should work something like MS Windows where there are registry concerns when you simply delete the folder where a program exists.

Moreover, I can't seem to delete the /usr/local/apache using rmdir, the message "folder is not empty" kept appearing. Any suggestions?

Since you are reinstalling Apache in another directory, removing your current installation directory should be sufficient ([tt]rm -fr /usr/local/apache/[/tt], [tt]-f[/tt] for forcing the delete, [tt]-r[/tt] for recursive deletions). //Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back