Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to put two separate colums on a report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
I have a report in Microsoft Access that is a checklist for employee training. Within this report I have a subreport which is pulling from a form which is a listing of all current classes, the code name of the class, and the frequency. What I would like to do is have two tables on this report listing the classes, but I need the information to wrap to next column. Here's a visual:

EMPLOYEE TRAINING CHECKLIST
Employee Name_______________________
Department _______________________

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

Course# Equip Freq Course# Equip Freq
-------------------------- ----------------------

In this area the course and information is listed. What I want is after the first column is full, Acesss continues over to the next column so that all of these courses are listed on one page instead of going to the next page.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you in advance for your response.

I figured out to use the page setup for multiple columns. So I inserted a subreport into the main report hoping that it would retain the multiple column setting in the detail. But it did not. So I'm still wondering how to get the detail section to do mutiple columns but the report header and page footer to span across the entire page. Suggestions?

Ok, I have solved my own problem. All I had to do was put the heading of the report in page header instead of report header and the footer of the report in the page footer. This works for me because it is only one page long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back