Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to pull new jobs without activity for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingsolo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2007
US
I am using Crystal Reports 10.

I am trying to create a report that pulls Customers who have a current month job that have not had any activity for the prior year. The purpose of the report is to reward salespeople based on a new active job where there have been no jobs in our system for the past year. It doesn't matter if they are a 'brand new' or 'old' customer. I am using MAS200 and I am using a 'status date' populated with the date the job was originated in our system and stored in the job file. That date does not change. To identify New Customers for May, for instance, I would need to identify any jobs originated from May 1 through May 31 that did not also have any jobs originated from May 1, 2009 through April 30th, 2010. I have parameters for entering the date changes each month, but can't get any straightforward selection criteria to work.

Thanks in advance for your help. Yes, I am a novice!!

Question, are you talking about the Job Cost module or Customers in A/R

The status date is coming from Job Cost. We are only linking to AR for the benefit of the Customer Name. My detail records show the Job Number, Status Date and Revised Contract amount only. I have one Grouping set up for Customer ID. I only the the Customer and their current month invoices to show up on this report. So for May, I want any customer who has a Job status date from May 1 through May 31, but doesn't have any jobs between May 1, 2009 and April 30, 2010.

I hope this explains it better. I created what seem like much more complicated and layered reports in the past, but as straightforward as this sounds, I am doing something very wrong!

Thanks, Big Louie! I recognize your handle from the MAS200 forums. Glad you get around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back