Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to publish vb exe into web page - Help please !! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ummul21

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
SG
Hi,
I'm having a vb program that is updating information into SQL Server database through ODBC connection.

I want my users to access the exe through my intranet web page. Do you have any idea how to make it happen??

I want the exe and the ODBC setting is located in the intranet server and user are able to run the exe with just one click.

Thanks & Regards,
[flowerface]
Ummul

Look into creating a DHTML page from within Visual Basic, as this will allow you to do such things over intranets.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein

DHTML applications are client-based and tied to IE. To create what people normally think of as a server-based web application you'd want to look at Webclasses, also known as IIS applications in the VB documentation.

What is an IIS Application?

Other alternatives include things like writing much of the application logic as ActiveX components that are invoked within ASP pages or writing CGI programs in VB.

All of these are much more easily done if you write the application from scratch or had the forethought to carefully separate most of your program logic from the presentation. For example, if you have a lot of logic in form modules you'll need to concentrate on moving it, because there are no VB forms in a web application.

I'm sorry. I'm new in web designing.

Can I know what is the difference between HTML and DHTML?

and is there any specific syntac I can use to call the vb exe file?

Thanks & Regards,
[flowerface]
Ummul

HTML = Hypertext Markup Language - just text
DHTML = Dynamic Hypertext Markup Language - generated when required

For a good introduction follow the link in dilettante's post above

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

Hi,
I managed to settle my problem. Thaks to everyone. Cheers.

Thanks & Regards,
[flowerface]
Ummul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back