Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to publish Impromput/Cube report to Upfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comsys

Programmer
Nov 7, 2003
US
Hello,

I have recently installed PPES 7,IWR. Also configured IIS and Access Manager(default user: Administrator).
Now I want to test/publish reports to Upfront.

My another question is about newsindex, How do I create it?
IIS has Cognos, cgi-bin, help virtual directories, but I'm not able to browse but my IIS is running.

Thanks

Hi Comsys,

There are 2 ways to publish cubes/reports to upfront that I know of:
1. In the powerplay "Enterprise Server Administrator" you should be able to simply add a cube and then I think you can right-click and select "publish to upfront" ... or it could be a menu option .. "publish to upfront".

2. Inside powerplay client you should be able to select from the file menu "publish to upfront".

As for the newsindex, this is all stored in your ObjectStore, there is a way to reset it, but you shouldnt have to after a fresh install. Does it display an error message when you try to load it up ??

Thanks for your reply.

As I said I have installed and configured all the components.
I'm not able to browse the upfront home page.But all the services are running okay
Is there anything that I need to changed or apply inorder for me browse the upfront page? Any customization involved ?

On the IIS side I did configure all the virtual directories as mentioned in the installation instructions.

Please help
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I did use that url looks like it hits the upfront but it did not display the page. Is there something that I need to do in access Manager.. This is the first time I'm trying to open upfront after the install. One other thing is that I'm able to open Upfront administrator tool, and I'm able to enable and disble upfront server. IIS is working, able to browse localhost which display ISS default page
but did not display page.

Thanks

... Just a thought, in IIS have you enabled execute for the /congnos/cgi-bin/ folder ? I cant recall off the top of my head the exact details, but when you establish the virtual directories, you need to go into the properties and tick a little checkbox on one of the tabs that enables execute or something like that.

I'd check this for the /cognos/cgi-bin/ virtual folder.

You can check out page 32 in the following guide:

Have you made sure that in Access manager, your directory server is working okay.
And that your ticket server is working.

And also have you checked config manager and applied all and started the services?

regards
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back