Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how To Publish Exchange 5.5 Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodleman

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
GB
Hello,

I have been tasked with publishing the company address book to the users of the network using the address book from Exchange 5.5

Is there an easy way to do this?

Idealy I would like to find a way to publish the details to the local intranet.... has anybody done this, if so can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

As far as I am aware, the only details needed are as follows:

First name:
Last Name:
Address:
Zip (post) code:

Title:
Company:
Department:
Office:
Phone:
Fax:

If it doesn't need to be updated everyday then the easiest is to run the 'header.exe' program from the resource kit. Build an export file with the fields that you want. Then run the export feature in your exchange admin program pointing the file you created in the 'header.exe' program. (When the export program starts it looks at the first line and extracts the data that you are asking for, otherwise it will only pull out default info which is helpfull but it won't give you what your looking for). The resulting file will be a CSV file that you can manipulate into what you need.

This feature is also helpful in that you can make mass updates by taking the file and making changes then save the file in CSV and import it back to Exchange. I have 600 users and every year I have to update all of this info. It takes me about 1 hour. Before we had two people doing it in the admin program and it took all day!

If it needs to be in real time them I'm sure there is another solution but I don't know of it. One would possibly be using OWA or just the 'Find Names' utility. Not sure if you could isolate it easily out of the OWA client.

Hope it at least helps.

-Chris

Thankyou for the update :) Very handy.. I have it in my list of things to try and see what happens :D

I have also found this

This seems to do everything that I would be needing, so i was going to have a play about with it later and see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back