Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to publish an OLAP report in BOE XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roddarn

Vendor
Sep 29, 2005
SE
Hi!

On a new installation of BOE XI I´m trying to publish an OLAP report (.car file) using Publishing Wizard. The wizard won´t recognize the file though.
Found an article on the BO web site saying that I had to add "CMS Add-on", "Web Server support" and "WCA Add-on" by running custom/modify setup from the BOE XI installation CD. I don´t have any of these alternatives in the setup program. What is missing? What do I have to install to be able to publish OLAP reports?

Regards
Mikael

Mikael,

Do you know if your company has purchased this option? As far as I know - CE will only deliver rpt OR car - unless you pay for the privilege of the ability to deliver both.

Hi,

The installation components you talk of are supplied with OLAP Intelligence, not BusinessObjects Enterprise. The custom installation option for this product will allow you to place the necessary components on the CMS.

Bear in mind that these are additional license components, as Paul mentions, and you will need to have the required licenses to distribute these documents.

Derek.
Business Objects Consultant - Perth, Western Australia.

Thanks Paul & Derek!

The customer has purchased BOE XI Premium CPU edition which should give them the option to publish both Crystal- and OLAP reports. In this case, from what media should they install the missing components? They haven´t bought OLAP intelligence so they don´t have access to these installation files.

Mikael

Mikael,

OLAP Intelligence is the client tool that creates CAR files (used to be called Crystal Analysis in pre XI days).

How did you create the CAR file in the first place?

You should have received a CD of OLAP Intelligence if you purchased licenses to distribute CAR files.Use this same CD to install the components on the CMS.

Hi again!

Actually, the reports are created by an external company with their own licenses of OLAP Intelligence. The customer has only purchased the right to publish OLAP reports (BOE XI Premium), not to create the reports (OLAP Intelligence). We could use the installation media from the external company but the question is how it is supposed to work in a situation like this.

Mikael

That's a question best answered by Business Objects.

I believe that your customer should have access to the Electronic Software Download on the Business Objects site, and if they have XI Premium, they should be able to download the OLAP Intelligence media from there.

Derek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back