Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to programmatically burn a CD within a VB app? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriTiger

Programmer
Oct 10, 2000
US
Hello all,

My company is creating a kiosk in VB which will run on a pc in our dealer's stores. We want to make it possible for the customer to purchase our software through the kiosk, and have the program burn the CD for them, using an iso image. The dealer will insert the CD into the drive, but other than that, we want the rest to be handled by the VB kiosk program.

Is there a way to do this through the WEindows API, or maybe an ActiveX component availiable to do this. Keep in mind that we want that we want this to be very automatic, becuase many of our customers are not PC savvy.

If anyone can offer some clues, or point me to some resources on the Web, I would be very grateful.

Greg Norris
Software Developer & all around swell guy

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, GoldenHawk costs $4000.00 for the version we need. I'm not sure my company will pop for that. And I'm not sure the other can be used invisibley without the GUI, but I contacted them to find out.

Thanks again.

Greg Norris

Hello,

I have been trying to find out a dll. I have that dll but i don't have somewhere to upload it, in order you to have it.

Try the following link. I think that's it!

When i downloaded it (1-2 years ago) the installer's name was "xpburn.msi" and the dll's was "XPBurnComponent.dll"

________
Hope this helps

Hi TipGiver,

I appreciate the help, but according to the documentation included in that archive, XPBurn only burns data discs, not ISO images.

I'm looking into the possibility of accessing Nero's functionality through the command line. And some other things too, but nothing definite yet.

Once again I really appreciate the help.

Greg Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back