Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to program our console message light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2001
US
After several rounds of new voicemail boards with our Merlin Message system, we seem to be up and running except for the message light on our console. Is there any way I can program it to light when a voicemail comes into our general mailbox x9991. This can happen either after hours or if we cannot pick up the line in time.

I think that if you set the "Supervisor Mailbox" to the extension of the console, it will light the message light. Log in to the 9997 box, press 9 and log in there, then press 1. Listen to the menu and set the "Supervisor Mailbox". It could also be called "Administrator Mailbox."

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the names!

It works great - when I logged into 1 I used option 6 General Mailbox owner and assigned general mailbox 1 to the console. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back