Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print when using the crystal report in VB 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMA1000

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
US
Iam new to Visual Basic

I am trying to print a report from the crystal report 8.5 added in a visual basic 6 form.

The report shows up ok in the previwer but.. nothing happens when I press the printer button. obvioulsy I need to add code.

could some one provide a sample.??

TIA

Rama

You don't have to code anything to print the report from the preview window, unless you're talking about clicking a printer button that you've created to send the report straight to the printer. If that's the case then make sure you change the Destination property of your crystal report control to be equal to crptToPrinter.

I did not create any new button.
I am trying to print using the printer icon on ther previewer.

When I click on the printer icon, a little box shows up the default printer and number of copies.. when I press ok button, then nothing happens.

Somes posts on this forum advise the usage of report.printout method... I used that but still nothing happens.

Am I missing anything thing here

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back