Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print the drilldown tab that is currently showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeafBug

Programmer
Jul 31, 2003
US
I did a search and found nothing. I am using CR10 and VB6.

We have a report that does drilldown. It just does fine and nothing wrong. But the pages can get as large as 200+. Client doesn't want to print all of it. The way the report is generated, we can't quite narrow it down. So if the report is drilled down two levels, the information that appears on the new tab is what the client wants to print. If you look at the preview window it may say pages 1 of 2 for that tab you selected. Other tabs will have higher page numbers.

How do you print only the tab that is currently displayed? Regardless of what tab you are viewing, print only that tab.

Thanks.

What is the problem you are running into? In XI, even if multiple tabs are open, the drilldown tab that is currently being viewed will be printed if you select "print".

-LB

LB,
Maybe it works in version 11 but not in 10.

What it does now is print the report as it first appeared. So if you run the report, the preview window appears with one tab. (That is what it prints) If you drilldown, another tab appears and that tab become the current tab for viewing. If you click on the print icon, it will print only what the first tab is. It doesn't print the tab you are currently viewing. BusinessObjects has a KB for version 8 and it doesn't do what I expect it to do.

Is there some setting or code that I need to do or add to make it work in v10?

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that. Maybe a service pack or hotfix addresses this?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back