Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print running totals and their conditions/forumlas

Status
Not open for further replies.

republiccommando

Technical User
May 22, 2007
US
Hi,

I would like to find out if there is a way to print all running totals fields and their individual conditions/formulas similar to the way formulas would print when you export the report using the report definition option. I have to compare several reports with supposedly similar running totals in each report. Thanks.

Many, many moons ago, I wrote an application that would do this sort of thing. It was a way of documenting all the formulas/running totals/etc within an rpt file.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

-dave

In the meantime, you could try that "rpt Inspector" ad I'm seeing at the top o' this page.

If you could output the report definition as a text file, you could then use cut-and-paste to compare, maybe in different columns of a Word document. With my set-up, this was a simple matter of exporting the Record Definition as a disk file.

Another method is to have Crystal running twice, meaning you can compare Running Total settings.

This is based on Crystal 11 and Windows XP. It always helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks Vidru for directing me to the .rpt inspector, I'll check it out.

Madawc, thanks for replying. Unfortunately, my problem is in the running total's condition and formulas. It doesn't show up in the report defition report.

Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate both your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back