Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print multiple copies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnism

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
I know there has to be a way ( I can not find it crystal help ) , but how can I code the report to print 2 , 3 or 4 copies of a report ( with same detail information and so on ).
thanks,
John

If you find out, please post the solution.

We have purchase orders that need to print three copies on
multi colored paper. The user has to select the right printer, tray, and number of copies every time the report is printed.

At minimum, you should always include the version of Crystal you're using in your posts.

Are you calling/printing the report from an application or from the Crystal designer? If from an application, are you using the OCX (Crystal Report Control) or the RDC (Report Designer Component)?

-dave

One option is to place multiple copies of the report as unlinked subreports in multiple Report Header or Footer sections and control which of these section is suppressed using a paremeter.

Another approach is to use the technique I describe in: faq149-3226

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

8.5 developer and this would need to be coded into the report.

If you're not using external code to print the report, then one Ido's suggestions is the way to go.

Have you tried it?

-dave

Yes we are trying sureports now - but the sub report is acting odd.

I would like to know if you ever got this working. I have the same issue. I need to print 3 copies of the same identical report. I am a newbie using crystal reports 10. I am printing Purchase orders out of a purchased MRP package but I can alter their reports.

Thanks Ido

Your FAQ worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Mary
CR 8.5

Thanks,
Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back