Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to print a spreasheet pasted into email (only half prints)

Status
Not open for further replies.

999Dom999

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
GB
I get this a lot when someone pastes either a webpage, spreadsheet, or an html email that spreads right across the page really wide so that when you print preview you only see half the page.

Is there a way to make what you see on the screen fit to an A4 page? Other than what I usually do paste it into Word then print.

Thanks

Did you try to change the width and height of the document?
You do that by right click on the document and go to properties.

If I right click and go into document properties there is no options.

If I copy into new memo then I can right click and go into text properties and set the margins left and right but this has no effect.

It won't, not for printing. If you want an almost-print-like view of a document you need to open the document and go to View/Show/Page Breaks.

You also need to mind the fact that this is a toggle, once on it stays on until you go back and turn it off.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Yeah I have done that before but it won't change a document you have received with pasted content, only the text in the email changes. It seems a bit poor that an email client is unable to print out an email without manipulation. If I forward the email to a different account with a different client prints no problem. Unfortunately copying and pasting into word is far too complicated for the bosses here, was hoping there was a simple solution.

Printing always has been a nuisance in Notes - believe me I've had my share of Helpdesk issues with users on that point.
However, you're making just one slight mistake : Notes is not an email client. It is a document-centric database management system that ALSO does email.
Unfortunately, many companies install it and only use the email stuff. Which doesn't help the printing issues any - that's for sure.
Have you tried accessing the mailbox via browser ? It should work better there - and just might convince management to stop using the client altogether. INotes works pretty well now.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Well yeah you are right there, we do use a products database within notes. I went from using exchange to domino/notes and from admin point of view its pretty good, especially with seperate mail files, so easy to manage compared with exchange. You would of thought though by now with so many new versions released they would of addressed a few of the annoying issues. Inotes is very good and yes it will print ok from there but the MD just isn't going to change the way he works. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back