Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prevent IP from revealing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arisa

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
how do you prevent IP from revealing?
or where can I find the info about this.
I've known we can add route to block ip from showing,
but how to do it though? input would be appreciate..

hey thanks... any good and free anonymizer though,i've found couples..but any recommendation?

you don't need software - u can enter the proxy ip's in your browser settings.

I know how to configure my lan setting,
I have tried use anonymous public proxies,Stealther Anonymizer and proxomition.the best they can do was to hide my local proxy,but wasn't able to totally hide my remote one..for some certain ip revealers,my real ip is even visible..how's that possible :(
btw,I turned off java applets already..how to get my ip showed like 0.0.0.0,totally invisible?
thanks again...

Go Away!!
** The END **

sure,you cann't be anonymous completely.
but "high anonymous proxy" is suppose to hide any
information even that you are under public proxy service.
or IP chain also could increase the surfing privacy as well.To block the hole,I worked with a software and java setting.
Anyway,I did see somebody's ip is untraceable,any idea about that? they are not professionals or anything like that,so shouldn't be hard to figure this out... :)
thanks
----------------------------------------------------------

Go Away!!
** The END **

Untraceable? How were you trying to trace them (from your website logs, from browser tests... etc). Theoretically, anything is traceable with the right sniffer.

new.gif

i am not tracing anyone from my website,
just when I tried to hide my ip behind a public proxy
i couldn't seem to get the result 0.0.0.0. from ip locator
anyone knows how to do that though?

Go Away!!
** The END **

You will never get the result 0.0.0.0, or you wouldn't be able to see the content.

//Daniel

danielhozac is correct - in order for you to do anything on the web, the server you're connecting to (be it web / ftp / whatever) needs to have SOMEWHERE to send the data.

The data is normally sent straight to your IP address (via a series of routers), or it can go via a public proxy, or a whole string of proxy servers. But it can't just be delivered to no-where.

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back