Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prevent IE from ghosting favorites 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamek

MIS
Aug 18, 2001
US
Howdy, first post here, and i think this is a doozy. I need to know how to prevent IE 5.5 from 'ghosting' inactive URLS on my Favorites pull down. i THINK i have looked through all the options and havent seen anything on it. Not a rush thing, but annoying to me personally. Thanks in advance.

Dave Burger

By ghosting, do you mean it doesn't list all your favourites until you click on the arrow at the bottom of the column?

kwunder

Yep, thats the behavior i want to stop. Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Hamek,
While your in explorer,
click on tools\internet options then click the advanced tab.
Look down the list and make sure the ENABLE PERSONAL FAVOURITES MENU is unchecked.

That should do it.
If it is already unchecked, you will need to run the explorer repair tool by going to
Start\settings\control panel\add remove programs. Select Internet explorer and then click the add\remove button and select REPAIR from the next page. Restart the PC and that sould do the trick. Let me know Hamek

Good Luck
kwunder

Thank you very much Kwunder that did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back