Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to prevent Call Pilot from saying voice mail #?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivest

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2005
CA
¡Hola!

We have many Call Pilot applications in which the call gets transferred to an Express Messaging block, with an hardcoded voice mail #.

The problem is that everytime a call gets transferred to voice mail from these apps, Call Pilot prompts "Voice Mail #1234" and only then you hear the actual personnal greeting of that voice mail.

While this does not really matters with internal calls this might cause a problem with external callers.

Any ideas how to either disable this prompt or maybe a different way of transferring calls to voice mail?

We use Call Pilot 02.01.27 and SCCS 4.01.07.

Thx and cheers!

Record a brief moment of silence on your personal greeting. In other words have just enough background noise that it takes a recording but nothing you can hear. Usually just hit record(5) stop(#)... over and over til you are offered the listen(2) option.

Actually the prompt I don't want to hear is the system prompt saying the voice mail # prior to the greeting.

What I want to know is if there's a way of selecting wether or not we want the system to say the VM# when transfering the call to the VM.

Its generally saying the number because there is no Personal Verification if I am understanding your question correctly.

Thanx, it turned out none of the voice mail referenced by applications had 'Personnal Verification' recorded, only internal or external greetings.

I recorded 'silent' messages and it is now OK.

Thanx again.

Actually I have a ticket open with my vendor for this exact issue. I'm using the same fix but I can't believe this hack is the only solution. I'll let everyone know if they come back with something useful...

TelcoCraig,

Have you found anything new out? I have done the blank recording recording a couple of times now.

thanks,
Martin

I'm not sure you are going to see a fix for this. The reason its doing it is because of a failsafe in the Express Messaging feature. There would be a cascade effect on standard messaging if it was altered.

At best I would think they would come out with a new feature like SM (Silent Messaging) that would bypass greetings on the way to a mailbox. I have yet to hear anything like this but it would be a bonus for all call center apps.

No, I was told there was not going to be a way to do this other than recording silence. Truly annoying. There really should be a way to mark an individual box to have no verification...

TelcoCraig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back