Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to pre-program the phone number to forward calls to 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

drax62

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
US
This may be a stupid question, but I'm really ignorant about Definity. I would like to be able to pre-program the phone number into the forwarding button so that when the user presses the button it automatically sets forwarding all calls to this number. Right now, assigning "call-fwd", pressing the button always gives dialtone to enter the number to forward to. I tried using autodial and putting the feature code + number there, and it kind-of works, but the light on the phone doesn't stay lit, which is a big problem (can't figure out the state of the forwarding). Can this be done? If yes, how?
Thanks in advance.

Great question. You can do this by programming an autodial button on the station, or by adding an entry to the personal, group, or system abbreviated dialing list, and then assigning an abrv-dial button to the station. The dial string would first dial the FAC (Feature Access Code) for Call Forwarding Activation Busy/DA All, then pause (~p), and the number to be forwarded to. Be sure to take note as to whether or not the station has console permissions - the procedure varies if it does.

Check out the FAQ on Call Forwarding, in the FAQ section of this board. Refer to your Avaya docs
on how to program an abbrv-dial button or an autodial button, or let me know and I'll post the instructions.

[yinyang]

Sorry, I jumped the gun, and somehow missed the last part of your post about already having tried the autodial button. You can use li ca (list call-forwarding) on the switch to see all the stations that have CF activated, but I don't know of a way to keep the CF button light on the station from going out except to tell the users not to press it.

[yinyang]

Thank you for excellent info. I noticed that I really didn't state my question clearly. From your answer i can guess that what I want can't be done, but let me ask again, and sorry for repeating myself:
When I program a button on the phone as "call-fwd", it gives user dialtone to enter the number to forward to. And it works like a toggle button: the light goes on and stays lit until the user cancels the forward (presses the button again). So every time the forwarding is enabled, there's a light on the phone to show it. So what I would like to achieve, is the same behavior except that it wouldn't prompt for the phone number with dialtone but use a pre-programmed number instead.
I tried with autodial, but it doesn't keep the light on (why?). And I need it not for myself, but for users - to remind them that their extension is being forwarded. I'd think it would be a very useful feature for a business person.

If you have enough available buttons on the phone, you could try this using two buttons, one for the call-fwd feature access code and the other an autodial button pre-programmed with the number you want to forward calls to. This way they would have to press 2 buttons, but I believe your call-fwd button would stay lit when call-forward is activated.

Applepie is correct. Use two buttons, but the user will only have to press one of them. Program the call-fwd button for an indicator and those times they want to call forward to another number. Add the autodial button with the call forward feature code followed by the number to forward to. The call-fwd button will indicate active if the station if forwarded with the actual forward button or the feature code.

Phonepd, thank you for going one step further on my post. Just for grins I tried this on my phone and it works great, having to only press 1 button.

No problem. It takes all of us to find our way thru the tangled web of options on our beloved G3's.

Just wanted to thank everyone involved for your help.
You guys are great! [2thumbsup]

Maybe I am misunderstanding this thread. If I am then I will look foolish, but... To forward all calls to a predesignated number (other than Send-All-Calls: If you assign a call-fwd to a button then tab over to the EXT: parameter field and put the number to be forwarded to there you will have done it all with one button.

UTelecom

The ext. field lets you specify the number of the phone you want to forward, if you want it to be an ext. other than the phone that the button is on. If you leave it blank it defaults to the ext. of the phone it is on.

If my ext. is 2000, and I have a Call-fwd button with ext. field 3000 on my phone- this allows me to call-fwd ext. 3000 from my phone, without having a COS with console permissions. :)

hmm, how strange ... I can't get this to work.

set up:
8410D, two buttons.
call-fwd ext ____
auto-dial FAC+nr

Also a cover path with a cov-ans group in it.

When I press the call-fwd button I get a ring tone.

Is this controlled by COR/COS issues, and if so which ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back