Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to play voice msg thro 3Com/USR 56K Message Modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
HELP!!! anyone know how to play the greeting msg over the USR voice modem in win nt? The modem don have voice driver support in win NT 4. after u select phone line output and issue the AT#VTX command, then wat should i do? Play the voice file? (I've tried many ways and it just don work) or send the file thro the modem comm port? FYI, i'm not using TAPI in my program, i'm using direct writing to SerialPort using Visual C++. Urgent! anyone....pls help! thanx :)

btw, i've written the code to read the voice file and send the data to the modem thro comm port and the modem can play the sound at the beginning, with voice a bit unclear and then the voice seems corrupted and become loud and noisy sounds. izzit frequency or bitrate prob? and i'm using the voice file provided in USR's own answering machine software and their prog can play the file very well. how to play their file??

Mr. Andy Leon:

I have exactly the same problem with the difference that I am using VB6 on windows 98. Winphone works fine ans sends my file .wav with no problem. but when I send the file through serial port by reading the file and sending to modem, I heard noise.

I will appreciate you your help if you have already found a solution to your problem. In case I find a solution I will let you know. Thank you very much.

Hi I'm having the same problem, after I send the +VTX command and then stream the file to the modem, i can just about make out hat is being said.

How did you solve this problem.

You said you have written some code to write it to the comm port and it is playing. If u send the code I can see what is
wrong in it. I have developed one ivr in delphi. Contact me
in the address avm171@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back