Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to pickup a hold? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdrago

Technical User
Jan 14, 2008
PR
Hello there!
Just a quicky one that I have no idea how to resolve... I went through all the CLSs and can't find it.

Here the scenario:
The Boss has a 3904. His extension is 5876 and the configuration is:
KEY 0 MCR 5876
KEY 1 MCR 5876

The secretary also has a 3904. Her extension is 7999, but she need to pickup the Boss calls. The configuration is:
KEY 0 MCR 7999
KEY 1 MCR 7999
KEY 2 MCR 5876

What they have right now: The 5876 extension on the secretary phone is acting on his own. If the Boss is talinkg, she can't see that the 5876 extension is beign used

What they want: If the Boss is talinkg, the secretary should see the litle phone icon in her 5876 extension.
Also, if the secretary pick up a call for the 5876 extension, she want to put in on hold so the boss can pickup that same call from his extension

I hope I have explained myself clearly.

Thanks a lot for any help guys!

Make them SCR keys and she will see when he is on it, then she can PARK the call and he can pick it up on his extention.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Great!
I just do it and works like a charm!
Thanks a lot John!!!

mdrago...you forgot to give Johnthephoneguy something
for helping you so i will do it for you .here is star
thanks john!

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Another option, instead of parking the call, is to deny exclusive hold (xhd) in the class of service. That way the secretary can place the call on hold and the boss can pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back