Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to pass values to iqy file

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig322

MIS
Apr 19, 2001
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to pass parameters into an excel iqy file?

So for example, if I have &RGION=10000, I want to pass it the value from an asp page instead of hardcoding the 10000.

TIA

Let me see if I'm clear on the process and goal. You have an Excel Web Query defined in an iqy file. I assume the page you are querying is an ASP page? That ASP page accepts parameters..right? So you now want to know how to have the web query (iqy) itself retrieve a dynamic value to pass as a parameter to the ASP page it queries?

Depending on the source of that dynamic value, would it be possible for the ASP page you are already querying to retrieve that value rather than having the iqy query pass it?

I've actually found another way to do it, but just so I know in the future. Here is what I was going to do.

I have an ASP page that users enter their data. I then wanted to have this info passed to the IQY file.

Then I have an excel spreadsheet which uses the iqy file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back