Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to pass URL parameter to crystal report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robikf

Programmer
Dec 11, 2009
CA
Hi, I have report on CE 10 where I need to pass parameter using url. Also is there any way I can pass user name and password in the URL as well. Or maybe there is a way to set up report in the CE so when it is executed CE doesn't prompt for password.

Thanks

Hi,
Look into URL reporting in the various CE10 docs - here is an example of a URL that handles user/pass/authentication type, parameters, etc:
apspassword=userpasswd&apsauthtype=Enterprise&DBuser0=dbusername&
password0=DBpasswd&;prompt0=200505&prompt1=0001&prompt2=1&;init=actx

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi, I wonder if any of you guys used passing parameters in the URL. I have tried and it doesn't work (I am getting prompted for it). Also passing user name and password in URL , the same results (I am prompted to enter user name and password). We are using LDAP authentication. I have tried to use guest account but no luck with it too. Help would be appreciated.

Robert

Hi,
I used URLs that way for scores of reports, with a string just like I posted ( without the DB parts) - Be sure the apsauthtype is set to LDAP ( that is for access to the folders and reports) and that the database logins are pre-set in the CMC for each report.

What problem did you have with allowing Guest access to the report?

[profile]

Thanks for a quick response.
The guest account seems to be working but not when I try to pass it in the URL. When I try to open any report and enter user name Guest, leave password blank, change authentication to Enterprise, I can login. When I try this syntax I am prompted:

id=repID&apsuser=Guest&apspassword=&apsauthtype=secEnterprise

I tried with =&apsauthtype=LDAP too.

The same problem with passing parameter:

doesn't work.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,
Try leaving out the &apspassword entirely when using Guest as the user.

The parameter is not passed using the actual parameter name, use the prompt1 method ( I do not remember if the promptex-paramname method was in CE10, it may be XI only but if it is, then promptex-RecordID=1 would work)

[profile]

Leaving password doesn't work and prompt0, prompt1 or promptex doesn't work. I have feeling that this has to do with configuration of our server.

Robert

An addition to the same question - what is the URL to access reports in Crystal Reports Server 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back