Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to pass on current record info without keeping any forms open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSlape

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
US
The key field ("BusinessName")is entered/appears on the first form, and is needed throughout the app, but I don't want to keep first form open. I've tried declaring it as Global, but don't know how so it doesn't work. Is that the right approach?

This is what works now, but it requires "Form1" to remain open all the time. Each form uses a different table with BusinessName as the key, and the reports use queries.

If IsNull(Me!BusinessName) Then

Me!BusinessName = Forms("Form1")! BusinessName.Value

End If

How about just hiding the form? Set the forms visible property to false... Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Thanks Terry, but all I needed was a global variable that picked up the key field data on it's first entry, just didn't know where to put it. Do now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back