Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to overcome Print spooler Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamDazz

Technical User
Aug 14, 2007
US
My Citrix server is acting weird. Its Print Spooler service terminates sporadically. Event Logs shows "Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly" Event ID 7031 is logged in Windows Event Logs. Our Users get their printers mapped from the Citrix box. What could cause this and where to look?
Thanks
Sami

Most issues with Citrix/Spooler probs are bad drivers. Are you using universal print drivers or are u using specific drivers? Have you checked the system event log for driver related issues prior to the spooler stopping?

I'd second the above.
Do you have client printer mapping turned off globally on the ICA and RDP properties?

Perhaps an admin is logging in via RDP rather than ICA and causing the problem if you've only disabled ICA?

Neill

No Event Logs are recorded when it happens except the Spooler Service Crash.

We've turned off the Printer Mapping in RDP but Not in ICA settings. Any other ideas?

With my experience with Citrix (I'm no expert) Citrix is VERY PICKY when it comes to Printer Drivers. I had several issues with the services crashing eventhough the drivers were the ones Citrix recommended. I never resolved the issue but did find a workarouns. Basically what I did was set the recovery to RESTART the service 3 times. After I set this in place I still get the message that the Print Spooler crashed, but when I verify the service console it's still in STARTED MODE. I have had this set now for the last 3 years and it's never stopped eventhough I still get messages regularily that the print spooler services has crashed.

Hope this works for you too, keep me posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back