Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to out 2317 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanYsidro

Technical User
Aug 17, 2004
US
Ive got a TN showing as programmed to a "2317"

DES NO DES
TN 006 0 00 04
TYPE 2317
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
KLS 0
FDN
TGAR 0
LDN 0
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU 0000
XLST 0

when I tried to print the TN it caused a warm restart.
We have an option11c -3.0 - NO ACD phones.
Can I out this TN? Could it be causing the AUD 313
printouts? That I've been getting? No cross-connect on that TN. Last time I stat'd the TN it was not programmed.

corruption, chances are pretty good, you won't be able to out it. Contact your vendor or nortel if you can't out the TN,

Did you move a set from that TN in the past?

Had to reload(off/on) a switch to get rid off it before.

The AUD 313 reference the TN correct ?

I actually moved a DN off of that TN months ago. Can't understand why all of a sudden it's causing problems.
ANYWAY...
I did call my vendor & luckily I have a very recent backup.

Thanks GUYS - much appreciated!

AUD 313 MESSAGES CAN BE CAUSED BY CORRUPT TN's WHICH HAVE BECOME TYPE 2317 SETS.IF THEY STAT AS MBUSY THEY CAN BE DELETED BY DISU FOLLOWED BY ENLU IN LD 32.IF THEY STAT IDLE OR DSBL THEN THEY MUST BE DEBUGGED EITHER BY 2ND LINE OR NORTEL.

by the book corruption... best bet on any switch..out all the unused tn's.. never a good idea to leave trash in the database... is a stat shows it as a vacant tn, but a print tnb shows a 2317.. you will need pdt access to clear it.. do not wait, call the vendor.. but do go to 117 and inv generate midnight.. then once a week or so 117 inv prt sets, any digital set that is not in use, remove it.. i keep a soft copy prior to outing a set, but it's a lot eaiser to put one in then it is to explain free ini's..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It fixes it self if you just reboot, it will do an audit on boot up and out the FUNNY 2317.(i don;t think an INI will fix it but it's quick and you can try that first)

Don't re-install unless you have to.

My vendor will be coming out today weather permitting.
The switch actually INI'd itself while I was printing the TN - It's not such a happy thing watching it go down in the middle of a business day & feeling a little helpless knowing I can't do a thing about it. After the INI the affected TN went disabled.
In my first statement I said that I "moved" a DN off that TN but that's wrong - I actually outed the TN months ago when the extension went out.
I'm not stingy about backups - I do them religiously and also do redundant backups that saved my hide once when I had a daughterboard go bad and PDT wouldn't solve the issue.
Not confortable about adding any new sets until the problems are resolved. Thank YOU to all of the Tek-Tip members that are around for assistance before my vendor gets on-site.

Assuming that you have a option 11 system, then you can try to remove the DN by using a Model set programmed with just 1 SCR key. I've found that you can just key in e.g. ## & the TN will become free as long as you have configured in the model sets for e.g. 2006,2008,2216,2616 etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Firebirdscrambler
Yes I do have an Opt11C
Not sure I follow what you are describing. Are you saying that I should xconn a digital set to this TN?

If your switch INIs when you print the TN don't bother messing around, not worth it for 1 tn at this point wait for the Vendor.

Good luck.

not always the case... i've seen corruption that lived past a cold restart...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

PROBLEM FINALLY RESOLVED

Nortel logged into my switch Friday afternoon to resolve the corruption problem on TN 06 04. Problem is, they deleted the 2008 set on 06 01 instead and left the corrupted TN in place...
Seeing as how TN 06 01 was the extension for one of the VP's (that figures) I called back and explained the problem. They then logged in, deleted the corruption on TN 06 04 - - - but.... I was unable to redbuild the extension as the switch insisted that the DN was in use when it actually was not.
Murphy's Law, I guess.
Long story short, the Nortel guy finally logged in that same evening and re-enbled that DN. No idea what he did to get it done; I'm just happy that it was resolved.
No more AUD printouts either. FYI if you ever see a 2317 set built on one of your TNs it's not a happy combination. Get your vendor on the line and get the problem resolved ASAP.
Many thanks to:
yyrkroon
Triton101
MossEng
johnpoole
firebirdscrambler
for your wise advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back